9/15/2010 02:39:00 PM
Hi space friends and fans!
Will Pomerantz and I are taking off our space helmets for a couple of days and putting on our auto caps while we cover the announcement of the three winning teams, which will split the $10 Million prize purse. For those of you that loved our coverage of the Northrop Grumman Lunar Lander X Challenge, well, GET READY... we are bringing it back, auto-style! That's right, for one day and one day only, Will Pomerantz is picking up the mic again and hosting the awards ceremony. I'll be hanging out in the chat room (@progautoxp) to take your questions and pass them along to Will or our special guests on the webcast. Here is the relevant info:
Date: Thursday, 9/16
Time: 10am EDT - 12:30pm EDT
URL: http://www.progressiveautoxprize.org/live OR watch on Ustream
Featuring announcement of winning teams, awards ceremony speeches, and interviews with special guests (for the space-inclined, Anousheh Ansari and George Whitesides will be in the house).
Awards Ceremony Speakers:
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi, California Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Glenn Renwick President & CEO, Progressive Insurance
- Cathy Zoi Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Rep. Edward Markey, Massachusetts Chairman, House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming
- David Champion Senior Director of Consumer Reports Auto Test Division
- Dr. John P. Holdren Assistant to the President for Science and Technology Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Sen. Mark R. Warner U.S. Senator from the Commonwealth of Virginia
We hope you can tune in and join us for this exciting occasion! You can also follow the event on Twitter: @progautoxp and #PIAXPaward. If you do miss the event, we'll follow up with a post about the winning vehicles before the week is out.